C.C.A.G.P. MAIN LINE CHINESE SCHOOL
Ding Hao Parents’ and Students’ Guide, 2017-18
1. There have been a few isolated incidents in the past with young children whose parents have left the premises during Ding Hao class. Therefore, if you have a child age 9 or below, the school must request that you remain on the premises while your child is in the building. For older children, please use your discretion.
2. All members of the school are responsible for maintaining the rented classrooms in the same condition in which we received them. The parents will be responsible for any damage made by their children to school property.
3. Both email and our website (dinghao.ccagp.org/) are Ding Hao’s sole means of communication. Please check your email and/or the website weekly to remain informed about snow days and events. In addition, if your email address changes during the school year, please notify the school by contacting the registrar DHregistrar@ccagp.org and one of the PTO Presidents swindlersb
4. Students are not permitted to use any Radnor Middle School teacher’s property (i.e. stationery or any other items found in the classroom). Please do not send liquids other than water to Chinese School. Please do not send wet or messy foods. “Dry” snacks are welcome.
5. Parent participation in the classroom: Class 1 – Parents are required to remain in the class. Classes 2 through 3 – Teacher will determine whether parents should stay. Classes 4 and above – Parents should not stay in class. All parents are invited to enter the classroom during the last 10-15 minutes to receive homework. If there is a problem with a child, the parent should discuss it with the teacher.
6. Circle Time: Generally, the youngest children attend circle time; the specific classes and location that participate can change each year.
7. CCAGP (Chinese Cultural Association of Greater Philadelphia) is the umbrella organization over the Ding Hao and Ming De schools. On the registration form, you will find a CCAGP Parent Fee. The number of children in the family is not a factor, because the fee correlates to the number of “voting members” of CCAGP.
8. Between the hours of 9:30 and 11:30 AM, make sure your child knows your whereabouts! The emergency information you provide on your registration form is the information his teacher will be given. Any time you leave the premises, this will be our only way to contact you. If you do not have a cell phone, please do connect with another parent, preferably a parent of one of your child’s classmates, and be sure that parent’s information is written on your registration form.
9. If a child wishes to visit a different class and/or switch classes, the parent must first talk to the teacher and to Mrs. Betty Foo. The appropriate arrangements will then be made.
10. Students are prohibited from bringing guns, knives, drugs, and alcohol to school. Students who violate this rule will be expelled.
11. Please do not permit your child to bring anything that could potentially be distracting to the class (i.e., electronic devices, toys, makeup, crafts, balls, etc.). If a child “must” have a cell phone, it must remain switched off and kept in the backpack. If the phone is being carried for emergency purposes, it must be switched to the silent mode and kept out of sight.
12. Smoking is not permitted either inside or outside of the school building.
13. Please do not allow your children to wear Heelys or wheeled shoes to Ding Hao class. Skateboards, bicycles and scooters must remain outside the building.
14. Students must remain in their classrooms during class time, and they must remain in the building while school is in session. Violations will result in suspension.
15. Please make it clear to your child that he/she must obtain permission from the teacher to use the bathroom; children should not linger in the hallways.
16. The teachers have, at best, 2 hours each week to teach the children, so every minute counts. If a child’s behavior is disruptive two or more times, the parent of that child will be asked to sit in the classroom and monitor the child during class until the teacher feels it is no longer necessary.
17. Students are expected to complete homework weekly and turn it in each school day.
18. No running or shouting in the hallway.
Please note: These guidelines will be updated each year.